Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rice Krispies Treats

I haven't been feeling well lately, but my co-workers have come to expect food on the weekends. So I settled for making something easy, that wouldn't add to my stress level: Rice Krispies Treats!
I don't think I've met a single person who doesn't like them. Even sick, I couldn't resist eating the excess mixture off of the spoon when I was done.

For the recipe, I stick with the 666 rule: It's easy to remember (for more than one reason), and also delicious.

This is Leo. Leo is my baby, and he LOVES mallows!

Rice Krispies Treats Recipe

  • 6 tbsp butter
  • 6 cups marshmallows
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies

Preparation

  • Coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
  • Combine the butter and marshmallows in a large, microwave safe bowl.
  • Microwave for about two minutes. Using a wooden/plastic stirring spoon, stir at the minute mark, then the thirty second mark. Once the mallows are totally melted, you're done.
  • In a separate, extra-large bowl pour in the cereal.
  • Pour the mallow mixture into the large bowl, and use the stirring spoon to coat the cereal.
  • Pour the new mixture into your 9x13 pan.
  • Coat your fingers in a bit of butter to keep yourself from being stuck to, and press the mixture into the pan until even.
  • Let cool, cut, and enjoy!

Check out the Fruity Pebbles Treats, too!
http://adventureswithmarzipan.blogspot.com/2010/03/fruity-pebbles-treats.html



No comments:

Post a Comment