I decided to make three different treats. I made my Cinnamon Pinwheels, Cookies au Creme, and a new recipe: Cake mix cookies! Specifically, chocolate-dipped orange cookies.
I got the recipe from a friend of mine, Nikki (who is amazing in the kitchen). The recipe is reaaally simple. I did an orange cookie, half-dipped in chocolate. I wanted something with a little extra sass, that was also unusual, for people to "ooh" and "ahh" at at the wedding. I think I succeeded with these!
Everybody that I fed these to as samples LOVED them. Not one person thought they were less than amazing!
- One box cake mix (any flavor)
- Two eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Flour (Not sure how much-- it varies)
- 4tsp orange extract (if you go for the orange cookies)
- One bag chocolate chips, melted (you pick what sort!)
- Preheat oven to 300
- Beat together the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- If needed, add enough flour to get it to a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Either roll out and cut cookies into shapes, or drop onto cookie sheet.
- If dropping onto cookie sheet, press down so they're about 1/4" thick. They don't seem to spread at all, or VERY little.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until just firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve plain, or dip in melted chocolate-- or drizzle with melted chocolate.
Note: I used milk chocolate for the orange cookies, and dark chocolate for the strawberry. Try mixing it up!