- 1 box carrot cake mix
- Eggs (varies depending on brand)
- Vegetable oil (varies depending on brand)
- 1- 8oz container sour cream
- Preheat oven according to box.
- Line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Combine the ingredients.
- Blend on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill the 24 liners.
- Bake according to box.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 2- 8oz packages cream cheese
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 5.5 c powdered sugar
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Scrape sides, add vanilla, and quickly mix in.
- Add powdered sugar 1-2 cups at a time.
- Note: If you're frosting these with a knife, you'll probably only need about 1/2 of the recipe. This is larger for piping purposes.
And to toot my own horn (Toot toot!) I had more than one person say that these were the best carrot cake cupcakes they'd ever eaten. YAY!!