Friday, April 23, 2010

Chocolate Chip(ish) Cookies

I haven't made cookies in awhile, so I decided to go with a simple recipe with a few variations. I made two types of cookies: White chocolate chip cookies, and cinnamon chip cookies.


Both were tasty! My favorite, however, are the cookies I made with a bit of leftover dough-- Chocolate chipless cookies. I love crisp cookies, and I feel like the chocolate takes away from that slighty, so I made three cookies without any sort of chip.

I didn't measure the chips, but I'd estimate that I used about 2 ounces (or between a fourth and a fifth of a bag) on each type. I pretty much just poured and stirred until they looked good.

This recipe I got online, but here it's posted again!

Chocolate Chip(ish) Cookie Recipe

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • Chocolate chips (or white chocolate, or cinnamon)
  • You'll either need a full package of whichever type you choose, or 4-5 oz of different types

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 375°
  • Beat together the: Butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla, until creamy.
  • Beat in eggs, one at a time.
  • Beat in the baking soda and salt.
  • Beat in the flour, bit by bit until it's all blended in.
  • FOR ONE TYPE OF COOKIE
  • Stir in the chips
  • FOR TWO TYPES OF COOKIE
  • Split dough into two different bowls, and stir in the chips
  • Drop by tablespoons onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden
  • For softer cookies, transfer directly to a wire rack
  • For crispier cookies, leave on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool

Here you can see the two different types!

No comments:

Post a Comment