Monday, October 18, 2010

Orange Dreamcicle Cheesecake

Laura and I took a daytrip to the Louisburg Cider Mill this weekend! Suuuuch a fun day!

It's like heaven in a country store!

Along with all of the cider, and cider doughnuts I bought, I also bought a jar of peach butter, some caramel apple sprinkles (which taste like french vanilla, actually), and a package of "orange dreamcicle cheesecake mix." (OH! AND SORRY! The next two pictures did that automatic-rotate thing and I can't get them back. Head, meet shoulder.)

I'm trying to find a recipe to use peach butter in, but no luck so far, and I might do something with the cider, but for now I went with the mix.
You can't buy this mix in any regular store I don't think, but you CAN order it online. The cheesecake was really really sweet, but reminded me of those orange ice cream push-pops-- you know, the Flinstones ones. Quite tasty! You can buy the mix at http://www.peculiarspice.com/ named for Peculiar, Missouri. You can probably make this from scratch too, but I never would've thought of it!

Hamilton helped me today, instead of Maisy! (aka: handheld vs kitchenaid)

Orange Dreamcicle Cheesecake Recipe

  • 1 package O.D.C. mix (see website above)
  • 2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 1 graham cracker crust

Preparation

  • Combine packaged mix, cream cheese, and milk in a large bowl. Beat until well blended.
  • Put into graham cracker crust.
  • Chill until served!

4 comments:

  1. Orange flavor sounds good. I should try this one by weekend so that I can make make perfect of this on our family event. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great plan!

    Tell me how it turns out! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Orange flavor is new to me. I should add some chocolate syrup to make it yummier and more attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange + Chocolate = Love

    You should find my orange cookie recipe, Melanie! They're half-dipped in chocolate. I highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete