Monday, September 13, 2010

Mini Cinnamon Rolls

These are the cutest and most delicious thing I've eaten all week!

I found a recipe online, but looking at it the measurements didn't sound right, so I tweaked it and made my own! They are SO tasty, and also filling. I had one and was satisfied, so (hopefully) you can share the batch with others. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't though.

My roommate loved them, too. I had two rejects (they weren't pretty enough!) and she gobbled them up. And they're so easy!
You'll have extra cinnamon sugar, because I just used an old mixture amount that I knew worked, but save it. Have some tasty toast later. :)

Mini Cinnamon Roll Recipe

  • 1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls (that says it has 8 rolls)
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 tbsp butter

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Carefully unroll the crescent rolls, so you have 4 rectangles instead of 8 triangles.
  • Pinch, then press the perforations together to seal them.
  • Melt the butter. Brush, or spoon and rub across the rectangles.
  • Mix together cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over each rectangle until coated.
  • Roll the rectangle up starting with the short end. Slice into 5 rolls.
  • Place, cut side down, into a lightly greased/parchment paper covered 9" cake pan (round or square)
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
  • Let cool slightly, and top with glaze.

Glaze Recipe

  • 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
  • 3 tbsp milk (or apple juice? The recipe said that-- I've never tried it!)

Preparation

  • Mix together until totally blended and smooth. Drizzle over rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment