Monday, August 23, 2010

Care Package!

This post is sooo late being posted. The fall semester has started, and with work I'm so busy that I forgot to update! But I digress.

My very dear friend/co-worker Esther fell and hurt her hip! She calls me things like "dear" and "sweetheart" and "precious," and in return I say that she's like my adopted grandmother. As soon as I found out that she was injured (it's going to take 4-6 weeks of physical therapy for her to get all healed up again!) I knew that I had to do something for her.

Esther and her great-granddaughter. She could NOT stop grinning as she held her!

I wound up making her a care package, and then making the 45-minute drive to deliver it in person. When I'd bring treats into work and she saw me, she'd always say hello, then her eyes would go riiiight to the box, to see what I'd brought.
So I picked a few favorites to make her: Cinnamon pinwheels, chocolate chip cookies, and oreo balls!

Note: Someone really needs to teach me how to get pictures to rotate on this blog. For now... lay your head on your shoulder and enjoy the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment