...This means nothing to me except that I can finally relax for a week. (Maybe.)
So to celebrate, we've got a Harry Potter themed entry today!Anybody who's read/seen Harry Potter knows about chocolate frogs. They're enchanted little bits of candy that can hop around like real frogs (But Ron Weasley says that they've only got one good jump in them). Well, I found the mold for them online, and saw molds for owl lollipops so I bought that, too!There's really not much to say about these! They're super easy to make, and quite impressive. You could use chocolate chips, which I did for my first batch, but melted chocolate chips get a little bit sticky, so it's not optimal. Use candy wafers instead! Hobby Lobby has a great selection: Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint chocolate... I even used peanut butter wafers, and mixed in some butterscotch chips for one batch. YUM!Hobby Lobby (and I'm sure any craft store) also has a selection of candy molds, though they're more generic things like flowers.Chocolate Frogs and Owl Pops Recipe
- Candy molds
- Small lollipop sticks (if necessary)
- Candy wafers (1-2 bags)
- Melt candy wafers according to the directions on the back of the package.
- Pour melted chocolate into the molds.
- Optional: Put the chocolate into a piping bag, and cut off the tip. This allows more precise filling.
- If making lollipops, put the stick in the slot and twirl in the chocolate to cover it. Cover with a bit more chocolate.
- Tap the molds on the counter a few times, to get any air bubbles out.
- Put in the fridge for ~15 minutes or so, to set.
- Carefully turn upside down, and press to release.