Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Red Velvet Cookies

Being back home for so long, I thought it'd be nice to bake some cookies for everyone at my job here! I didn't want to make anything too difficult or too time consuming though, so I baked one of my old recipes: Cake mix cookies.
This time, I went for red velvet cake! With cream cheese frosting, these were a very decadent little dessert.

...Hm. My brain is a little on the tired side, so that's all I can think to say about these!
I can say though, that you can either roll these out and cut them into shapes, or drop them onto the pan by 1/2 tbsp full. What I did was scoop them with the 1/2 tbsp, then roll that into a nice ball.

Then I used the back of a spoon and pressed them down so they were about 1/4" thick.
Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
  • One box red velvet cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 c vegetable oil

Preparation

  • Beat together cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. Scrape sides/bottom of bowl often, until everything is incorporated.
  • Roll into a log and wrap with cling wrap, and refrigerate for an hour.
  • Cut slices to bake, or roll out and cut out shapes, or scoop dough with a 1/2tbsp spoon.. however you want to form these, do it!
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are just beginning to firm.
  • Cool completely, then frost with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

  • 2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups powdered sugar

Preparation

  • Cream together cream cheese and butter.
  • Beat in vanilla, and then gradually add in powdered sugar.
  • Note: I like my cream cheese frosting less sweet than some, so add powdered sugar to taste.
  • Frost cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment