Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Almond Bark Popcorn

One of the best tastes in the world is when sweet and salty are combined-- it's why chocolate covered pretzels are so good! As it gets closer to the holidays, I find myself craving all of the holiday treats that I haven't had in a whole year.
This is one of my favorites! Fast, easy, delicious, and sooo tasty. Trust me when I say that you can't eat just one bite of this. You'll be lucky if you don't eat the whole batch. ;)
I overdid it on the Almond Bark, so do NOT add a whole block of it like I did. It just didn't look like the popcorn was completely covered, so I kept adding more. It's still great, but the sweetness overwhelms the popcorn. 2/3 of a block would probably be a much better amount.

Almond Bark Popcorn Recipe
  • 1 bag of 'natural'/unbuttered popcorn
  • 2/3 package of white Almond Bark

Preparation

  • Pop popcorn according to the instructions on the bag.
  • Empty into a large bowl, and pick out any unpopped kernels ("old maids" as my mom calls them!) or burnt pieces.
  • Melt Almond Bark according to instructions on the package.
  • Pour over popcorn, then use a mixing spoon to mix the two together.
  • On a large sheet of wax paper, pour the popcorn from the bowl and use the spoon to press it out into a thin layer.
  • Let cool/dry completely.
  • Once hard, break off into pieces and serve or store.

1 comment: