Friday, June 18, 2010

New Toys!

One of my mom's bestest friends, Cam, is having an estate sale this weekend. But being the most terrific lady that she is, she let me come by early and have first pick of what she's selling. As a result, I got three amazing new things for a third as much as I would've paid in store.
THANKS, CAAAAM!

The first thing I got? This gooorgeous set of ceramic mixing bowls.
Don't they just SCREAM summer??

The second new item: A bread maker!
For the last two or three years, I've had this weird obsession with getting a bread maker. I've made bread from scratch only once, but I've still had the urge to make bread. Now I can! I even bought a couple of recipe books from her that are full of different bread recipes. Nomnomnom.

And third, which is my most satisfying purchase eeeeever...

A KitchenAid!

Since I've been a Tator Tot (..Yeah, I used to be called that when I was a lil kid) I've only ever used hand-held mixers. I didn't realize until I took baking classes in high school how much easier it was to use a KitchenAid. Since then, I've had the desire to own one. Since about a month ago, it's all I've been able to think about. And when Cam told me that she was selling one, I'm sure I squealed in delight.
I bought it from her yesterday. I used it for the first time today. And let me tell you... it was glorious!

Now my next big cooking goal in life: Some day own a kitchen with so much counterspace that I don't even know what to do with it all.

Some day, Taylor. Some day!


No comments:

Post a Comment