Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin Fro-Yo Pie

At work, we'll be getting "yogurt pies" soon! Think of it as a twist: Instead of ice cream cake, it's frozen yogurt pie. Nomnomnom.

Being the impatient person that I can be, I wanted to try one out myself. A couple of days ago our pumpkin yogurt was being changed out, so after work I filled up a cup with that and only that, and brought it home. I had a graham cracker crust waiting to be used too, so I thought, perfect!
This is the easiest, and strangest, and most delightful pie! Pumpkin yogurt, for example, tastes exactly like pumpkin pie. (Or in my case, better, as I've never been much of a normal pumpkin pie girl.) It just adds this odd new element! Plus, you only need two ingredients and a freezer.

I can only assume that this will work best with soft-serve frozen yogurt, not ice cream because the consistencies are different. With all of the fro-yo stores popping up, I bet it'd be easy to find one, and then all you have to do is pick your flavor!
Pumpkin Fro-Yo Pie Recipe
  • 16 oz (1 pint) of frozen yogurt, your choice (more if you don't want that top 'lip' of crust)
  • 1 - 9" graham cracker crust

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 250
  • Heat crust for about 10 minutes, just to firm up. Then let cool completely.
  • Pour yogurt into crust, and smooth out/flatten with a rubber spatula.
  • Put into freezer for ~3 hours (or overnight) to fully firm up.
  • Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment