Monday, October 18, 2010

Caramel Brownies

Occasionally my roommate will decide to have a girl's night. So this time I decided to make a little treat: Brownies!

This is partially because I already had a box of brownie mix in the cabinet, but also because I had some little caramel squares in the cabinet that I wanted to get rid of. Otherwise I would've eaten them all plain!

So I made the brownies, and then melted 20 of the caramel squares. Now, no matter how much you heat these, they will firm up again right away...at least the way I did it! So I melted them and stirred in a little veggie oil, just to get it liquid enough to drizzle the caramel over the brownie mix before I baked it.

And the caramel will harden as you drizzle, so make sure you work quickly!

Caramel Brownie Recipe

  • One box of brownie mix
  • Eggs (2, probably)
  • Vegetable oil
  • Water
  • 20 small caramels

Preparation

  • Prepare brownie mix according to directions on the back of the box.
  • Pour mix into the pan of your choice (ex: 9x13 pan)
  • Unwrap the caramels (yep!) and put in a microwave safe bowl.
  • Heat on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Add in a little vegetable oil, then continue heating in 10-second intervals until totally melted.
  • Use a spoon to drizzle caramel over the brownies.
  • Bake according to the box's directions.
  • Frost if you'd like, or serve slightly warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment